Thursday, February 14, 2013

Products I Love

If you're like me, you will understand why face products are so important. And you will also understand why good face products are so elusive.

From the age of 10 until the age of 20 I dealt with serious acne. In the last year my acne has almost completely disappeared (except for the stray pimple, or a breakout around that time of the month). But ten years of acne has left scarring on my cheeks, and I still deal with oily skin.

Well, about a year and a half ago I discovered a brand called Lush, which makes very natural products. They have a wonderful line of products for face, body, hair, and even perfume. Here are a few of my favourite products (and ones which I am currently using/use on a regular basis):

A powerful decongestant for your pores, Herbalism is best suited to those who have tried everything under the sun to clear up their oily and blemish prone skin. Fear not! Herbalism’s heroic blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile are here to tame problematic skin. Ground rice bran acts as an effective exfoliant, while kaolin (also known as China clay) reaches deep down into pores to clean out dirt and debris. 

This cleaner is wonderful. All you need is just a pinch, mix it with some water create a paste, then gently rub in a circular motion onto your face. Because of the texture, it naturally exfoliates, which saves you the hassle of having to do so yourself. Herbalism is $13.95 for 3.5oz.


Next, we have Grease Lightning. Grease Lightning is a gel-like cleanser that takes away oils and dries out your face, as well as reducing inflamed areas. It always leaves your face feeling clean and smooth. From the site:

The antibacterial combination of thyme, tea tree and rosemary infusion dries invisibly as it goes to work shrinking your mini volcanoes. Our herbal infusion conditions the skin, while grape juice cleanses and keeps spots free of dirt.

Grease Lightning is $13.95 per bottle, but you don't even need a full squirt to cleanse your entire face!




Vanishing Cream is the most expensive item by Lush that I've used and own. It rings in at $42.95 per container, but it is also the greatest moisturizer I've ever used. From the site:

Our lightest blend, Vanishing Cream contains balancing lavender absolute, pore-tightening witch hazel (which helps brilliantly with eliminating blemishes) and grape seed oil to soften.

And it means lightweight. Once I've put it on my face, I can't even tell it's there. And the best thing about it: it reduces scars, and the formula diminishes the visibility of pimples and redness.


The greatest thing about Lush's products is that that last a veeeery long time. Though some of them might be pricey, you can expect for your product to last anywhere from 3-6 months. When you use any of their stuff on your face, you really only need just a dab or drop. A little goes a long ways, so you're definitely getting your money's worth. Since using Lush, I've noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. I've used several of their products, and fully endorse them.

For a full list of Lush products, go to www.lush.com

No comments:

Post a Comment